Reliable Pest Control Services In Simpsonville, South Carolina
While Simpsonville is an excellent place to live with only a short drive to downtown Greenville, the climate and humidity within South Carolina unfortunately makes it the perfect hotbed for numerous pests to thrive. If you’re a home or business owner in Simpsonville, chances are high that you have to deal with pests as an everyday problem.
Luckily, you don’t have to any longer. No matter what pest issues you’re facing, the professionals at PinPoint Solutions can help. Give us a call today and find out why Simpsonville residents trust us with all their pest control needs.
Avoiding Mosquitoes In Simpsonville, SC
Mosquitoes have the potential to spread many diseases including West Nile virus that can make people very ill. That, in addition to the fact that they bite and leave behind itchy red welts, are just some of the reasons why we should do everything we can to avoid coming into contact with mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes are notorious for the itchy bites they leave us with. But the truth is, we should be less concerned about the itch and more concerned with what vector-borne illnesses these bloodsuckers may be transmitting to us. There is a long list of mosquito-related illnesses, so doing everything you can to reduce your exposure to them is crucial.
Some useful tips to avoid mosquitoes include:
- Reduce sources of standing water (birdbaths, tires, pet water bowls, etc.).
- Repair any torn/ripped screens on windows or doors.
- Use insect repellent when spending time outside.
- Use window and door screens to prevent entry.
- Wear long pants and long sleeves when possible.
- Wear mosquito repellent and clothing treated with DEET.
Mosquitoes hide in tall grasses and areas of dense vegetation during the heat of the day. Keep your lawn cut short and trim back overgrown shrubs and bushes on your property that mosquitoes may find attractive.
If you’re worried about mosquitoes in and around your Simpsonville property, the professionals at PinPoint Pest Solutions can help with professional mosquito control services designed to reduce breeding sites, provide treatment to harborage sites with larvicide, kill the eggs in your yard, and directly kill adult mosquitoes hiding on your property. To learn more about reducing mosquito numbers on your property and making it a place you can once again enjoy with family and friends, give us a call today.
How To Prevent Roaches Around Your Simpsonville, SC Residence
Between the diseases they can transmit and the various negative health effects that come with sharing living spaces with them, rodents are a problem no one wants to have.
Here are some helpful tips you can use around your Simpsonville home to help keep yourself protected:
- Get rid of potential cockroach entry points. Seal around utility pipes and crawl spaces. Make sure windows and doors are secure and have weather-stripping if necessary. Seal all cracks and crevices.
- Keep it clean. Good sanitation is the number one way to prevent cockroaches.
- Don’t leave food out overnight.
- Wash dirty dishes daily.
- Wipe up crumbs and spilled food, even in cabinets and pantries.
- Clean kitchen counters with disinfectant spray every night.
- Clean inside and under appliances. Roaches love to feast on grease and spilled food on, in, under, and behind your appliances, including your refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and under the kitchen sink.
- Restrict food consumption to one room to avoid leaving crumbs in areas roaches could get to. This not only makes cleanup easier for you, it limits crumbs and spills that you might not notice in other rooms that provides another food source for roaches.
- Store all food in sealed containers, refrigerated if possible. Roaches can fit inside the openings of typical cardboard packages that food comes in. This also applies to pet food.
- Pet food should be kept in sealed containers.
- Pet food bowls and containers should also be emptied every night.
- Empty the trash often and only use exterior trash cans with tight-fitting lords.
If roaches have invaded your Simpsonville property, you don’t have to fight them on your own. DIY solutions are often difficult and ineffective. If roaches are giving you trouble, call the pest home pest control professionals at PinPoint Solutions for help, and make your roach issue a thing of the past.
Common Rodent Warning Signs In Simpsonville, SC
Rodents like rats and mice are a huge problem for homeowners across the nation, causing property damage, leaving droppings and urine wherever they go, and endangering your family and pets in the process. Once rodents are inside, they are going to start to look for food; as they go, they leave their feces and urine behind. They rip, tear, and gnaw into packages, knocking them over and contaminating all of the food they touch.
If a home offers a convenient food source or even just shelter with food nearby, they will look for a place to nest, reproduce and raise a family. While they are at it, they will chew and pull apart things for their nests. They will also constantly gnaw on hard things to whittle down their teeth that grow constantly. This causes damage to furniture, books, clothing, memorabilia, and other items. Rodents don’t know that plumbing pipes and electrical wires are dangerous, so they may chew on those as well. In some cases, entire homes have burned down due to one mouse or rat chewing on a wire.
Here are some telltale of rodents inside homes:
- Rodent droppings around food sources or in basements, attics, and along baseboards
- Strong urine smell
- Sound of scratching or scampering in walls and ceilings
- Gnaw marks, rips, and tears in food packaging
- Greasy rub marks on walls close to the floor
- Rodents are seen around the house
Have you seen evidence of rodent infestation around your home? Don’t suffer under rodents for one more day; contact the pest professionals at PinPoint Pest Solutions for help and make those rodents a thing of the past.
Why Turn To Professional Stinging Insect Control In Simpsonville, SC
Stinging insects are not only annoying and scary, but they can be extremely dangerous especially if a victim is allergic to their venom. Their nests can be found up high in trees, down in bushes, very low on the ground and in holes or wood piles. Their nests can be an accident just waiting to happen when all you want to do is enjoy your backyard without having to worry about anything else.
You may think that if you don’t disturb them, they won’t disturb you. What if you or your kids are playing ball and the ball goes into a tree where a nest is located or rolls into a nest on the ground? Those stinging insects are not going to be very happy about having their home disturbed and will want to protect themselves. Potentially, hundreds of them will come flooding out of their nest seeking revenge, and some of them will not stop until they have stung their victim multiple times. Along with much pain and agony, the worry of an allergic reaction can be very stressful. This doesn’t sound like the peaceful yard that most people dream about.
This is when many folks start turning toward do-it-yourself options and start spraying and knocking down nests. What they don’t know is how ineffective these methods are and how severely dangerous it can be to take matters into your own hands. Not only that, stinging insects will often times return and rebuild their nests in close proximity to the original. This type of problem requires a professional that can take care of the problem efficiently and effectively. Don’t risk a DIY project that could backfire and can potentially be hazardous to you and your family - call the professionals at PinPoint for help.
Our highly trained professionals know the in’s and out’s of all the dangerous species, from the stinging hornets, wasps, and yellow jackets, and more. Call us today for more information about our stinging insect control services.
Experience A Better Life
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.